Thursday, February 7, 2013

5 Highlights from Autumn Term

We were asked to pick 5 of our favorite photos from last term, and these are the ones I picked. I've written why I like these pictures particularly.

I'm not quite sure how to describe the composition in this picture... it has a nice curve going through the middle, because of the reflections in the water, and yet it's quite square, and there are many straight lines. I like this picture because of the contrast of light and dark, the blue sky reflected in the water, and the orange lights, against the blue...

This picture is very abstract, and that's what I like about it. I would say that this has a circular composition. As far as I can see, there are no straight lines... just a natural flow of shapes and colours.

 This has a triangular composition. The trees create a diagonal line, creating a triangular space against the light. I like this picture because the light has created beautiful colours.

 I like to think that this has a circular composition. The tree is responsible for that. But there are many straight lines, and this creates a nice contrast. Another contrast is the nature against the man-made wall. This picture wouldnt have the same effect if the tree was at the center of it. 

 I've taken many pictures like this. But, whereas most of the other ones are quit square, this one is more triangular. I took this picture because I was fascinated with the light touching the tree-tops. But looking at it now, the moon plays a big part. Without it, the picture would seem almost meaningless. It's almost as if the moon is the centerpiece of the picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment