Friday, February 8, 2013

The Iceberg/Glacier Project

For the past week, we've been taking advantage of the snow and ice. Our goal was to take pictures that could create the illusion of glaciers or icebergs. Here are two of mine...

I think that this picture looks like it could have been taken from a plane. I took this picture from a normal distance - that is, while I was standing relatively straight.

 I like this picture a lot. It's quite dynamic. This was a close up of a piece of ice sticking out of the ground. But I think it could pass as an iceberg...


Our next task was to create the same illusion using anything but snow and ice. We could use anything from bubble-wrap, to plain paper, to torches. Here are a couple of mine.

Materials used: white baking paper, torch...

 Materials used: white baking paper, one normal torch, one torch covered with peach coloured tissue paper, blue plasic sheet...


Next we had to make some collages of our "home-made" illusions, and the natural ones we had created outside. This is mine...
I had to adjust the two pictures I used a bit so that they harmonize. I used Photoshop for this of course. I adjusted the Hue/Saturation, the Colour Balance, and the Brightness/Contrast.

Here are the two original pictures I used:




No comments:

Post a Comment